Supertramp BBC sessions

Más
6 años 1 mes antes - 6 años 1 mes antes #24954 por Another Womans Man
Something that's always piqued my interest for a long time, when it comes to Supertramp is the BBC sessions they did in the early seventies. They've become a holy grail for me due to all of the unheard music they performed for John Peel. I've always wondered what songs like Hey Laura, I Can See and Down In Mexico sounded like especially since they were done so close to Crime of The Century, the greatest Tramp album, IMO.

So my question is, does anyone know if any of these sessions (other than the ones that have already surfaced) still exist or were they wiped from the archives entirely? Would there ever be a chance of a historic BBC sessions release from Supertramp even amid all the legal issues? The answer's probably no but hey, I'd still like to show interest in the kind of thing.

PS: Sorry if this has been asked before. I think I even asked a similar question on here a long time ago but I did want to see if somethings actually do change.
Última Edición: 6 años 1 mes antes por Another Womans Man.

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

Más
6 años 4 semanas antes #24959 por Abel
Respuesta de Abel sobre el tema Supertramp BBC sessions

Another Womans Man escribió: I've always wondered what songs like Hey Laura, I Can See and Down In Mexico sounded like especially since they were done so close to Crime of The Century, the greatest Tramp album, IMO.

These three songs sound like “Indelibly stamped” more than “Crime of the century”.

“I can see” is a Roger’s guitar ballad with a slow tempo (a la “Rosie had everything planned”).

“Hey Laura” and “Mexico” are two Rick’s keyboard pieces with a faster tempo (a la “Your poppa don’t mind”).
El siguiente usuario dijo gracias: Another Womans Man

Más
6 años 4 semanas antes #24963 por Another Womans Man
Respuesta de Another Womans Man sobre el tema Supertramp BBC sessions

Abel escribió:

Another Womans Man escribió: I've always wondered what songs like Hey Laura, I Can See and Down In Mexico sounded like especially since they were done so close to Crime of The Century, the greatest Tramp album, IMO.

These three songs sound like “Indelibly stamped” more than “Crime of the century”.

“I can see” is a Roger’s guitar ballad with a slow tempo (a la “Rosie had everything planned”).

“Hey Laura” and “Mexico” are two Rick’s keyboard pieces with a faster tempo (a la “Your poppa don’t mind”).

Thanks for telling me that, Abel. I always was curious about those numbers. I'm a big Indelibly Stamped fan so if those ever surface, count me a happy man!

Thanks for answering my and other peoples questions in general about the band because I've learned more on this site about Supertramp than any other.

Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.177 segundos
Gracias a Foro Kunena