Nuevo disco de Marty Walsh

Más
9 años 8 meses antes #18904 por Morris
Respuesta de Morris sobre el tema Nuevo disco de Marty Walsh
Yo quisiera preguntarle "What's more rewarding for you, working as a professor in Berklee with talented young people, or creating music?", o sea, Qué es más gratificante para ti, trabajar como profesor de jóvenes talentosos en Berklee o crear música?

Gracias TLW :)

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

Más
9 años 8 meses antes #18915 por Abel
Respuesta de Abel sobre el tema Nuevo disco de Marty Walsh
Marty se ha explayado en su respuesta a la única pregunta formulada hasta el momento (gracias, Morris).

Creo que no necesita traducción, y mucho menos para el principal interesado.

De: Marty Walsh
Enviado el: jueves, 31 de julio de 2014 14:29
Para: Fuentes Lopez, Abel
Asunto: Re: The Total Plan

Abel, you are the best!

Come to Boston and I'll buy you dinner! Thanks so much for getting the word out about the album.

Answer to the question: The thing is that I love all aspects of working in the music field. I loved being on the road and recording with Supertramp and all of the other artists worked with in the studio over the years.

This album was ten years in the making enlisting all kinds of people I had worked with in my career, it was a real labor of love and in terms of writing music I never had so much fun doing it.

At the same time I teach at Berklee in Boston and I am in the ensemble and music production depts. I love my classes, I walk into a room and have a drummer, bass player, guitarists, keyboard players and vocalists and we spend 15 weeks shaping a sound of the band.

It's incredibly rewarding work. Just to be able to still work with music and especially with very talented young musicians is the main gig now. I could not have asked for a better scenario in my career...

Marty

El siguiente usuario dijo gracias: ax_esi, Morris

Más
9 años 8 meses antes - 9 años 8 meses antes #18917 por ax_esi
Respuesta de ax_esi sobre el tema Nuevo disco de Marty Walsh
Mis 2 cents. 4 Marty:

Hi Marty.

First of all. It's a great honour to have The oportunity to talk to you.

I saw you in 1988 at Madrid with Supertramp. You did a great electric work, but I remember specially your accoustic work at Free as a bird: that delicious and bright arpeggios. You rock!!

Regarding your new work: it's fantastic. I love "Back Pages" and "The Duke".

My question: i'm also an old Yes fan. What can you tell us about Billy Sherwood's work in your album.?

Which were the songs he was more involved. He seems to be a great guy and also a wise musician and producer
Última Edición: 9 años 8 meses antes por ax_esi.

Más
9 años 8 meses antes #18918 por jzm66
Respuesta de jzm66 sobre el tema Nuevo disco de Marty Walsh
Hi Marty.
I Think you are made un great album, it sounds fantastic!. I always liked it your way of play the guitar.

My questions are:

You' re going out on tour to present the album?

And that case: What musicians who collaborated on the new album play with you on the tour?

Thank you for your attention.

Nota--disculpadme si he cometido algún error escribiendo en la lengua de Shakespeare y corregidme please. Gracias.

Más
9 años 8 meses antes - 9 años 8 meses antes #18950 por Abel
Respuesta de Abel sobre el tema Nuevo disco de Marty Walsh
Marty se disculpa por el retraso en contestar a las últimas preguntas y dice que ha estado muy ocupado a lo largo de la última semana.

Esta es la respuesta para Alberto:

Billy is on the track "Feeling Free".

One of the things about the album that I wanted to do was have many of the people I had worked with over the years to contribute to this project. I had 27 people in all playing on it, most of them for just one track.

Billy and I go way back and had an album released under the band name "The Key" in 1997. You can check it out here: www.martywalsh.com/index.php/the-key/
There is also a link to purchase.

Thanks for your interest,
Marty

Y esta la respuesta para Pepe:

There is a plan to put a live band together, but is on hold for the moment.

I would need to see how the album is received and in what countries before I would attempt to take this on the road.

The issue is really that so many people played on the record it is a real challenge to find the right musicians that could play the music live.

Thanks,
Marty

Última Edición: 9 años 8 meses antes por Abel.
El siguiente usuario dijo gracias: ax_esi, jzm66

Más
9 años 8 meses antes #18952 por jzm66
Respuesta de jzm66 sobre el tema Nuevo disco de Marty Walsh
Gracias Abel por la respuesta y gracias de nuevo por la oportunidad única de poder "charlar" con miembros de nuestra banda favorita y músicos que solo se conoce a través de créditos de discos y que sería prácticamente imposible, por lo menos para mi, hacerlo de otra manera. B)

Billy and I go way back and had an album released under the band name "The Key" in 1997. You can check it out here: www.martywalsh.com/index.php/the-key/

Suena bien! Por lo menos las pistas habilitadas en su página y los samples del disco. ;)

Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.324 segundos
Gracias a Foro Kunena